About Us > Initiatives
- Human Resources Plan, Management Systems Plan, Fiscal Policies and Procedures, Organization Chart approved at the July Board retreat.
- Over the next 8-9 months we will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of MHSA and develop a strategic plan.
- Family Development Credential
- Training a trainer in SEFL
Working with MSDE on MD Excels and KRA results
- Began working with MD Excels to accept Head Start monitoring as an indicator of quality. We presented a draft crosswalk between MD Excels requirements and Head Start Performance Standards. The next steps are to compare MD Excels requirements with the 2018 Monitoring Protocols and complete a crosswalk with the Performance Standards, Monitoring Protocols and Credentialing.
Developing partnerships with Colleges and Universities
- Initial conversations with Morgan State University to allow students to participate with MHSA and HS programs in difference capacities for classroom credit.
Maryland Coordinated Professional Development Plan
- Working with Region III and ICF to develop a statewide professional development plan
- Two meetings – September 22 and October 27; both foundational to develop communication methods.
Fathers for Life Program
- Developed a partnership with the Center for Urban Families to develop a statewide network of resources, trainers, programs, etc. to help family service workers assist families dealing with incarcerated family members.
- We participated on a workgroup with MSDE to make recommendations to have Universal Pre-K throughout the state of Maryland. The final recommendation included two options, 1. Funds pass through MSDE to local school boards; 2. Programs submit grant applications to MSDE. Roll out would be over 10 years.
- MHSA is in favor of a continued planning efforts and a shorter roll out period. A letter will be sent to the Kirwan Commission.