Planning and Operations Director
The Planning and Operations Director reports directly to the President and responsible for: program management oversight, planning, evaluation, community needs assessment, resource development, external communications, budgeting, and personnel management, program expansion, etc. Responsible for the overall oversight of the Head Start and Community Service Block Grant and Other Programs/Services.
Perform Public Relations Activities to market agency services
- Develop and produce Annual Report Fact Sheets.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for information.
Serve as clearinghouse for all statistical data and proposals
- Implement proposal request process to ensure compliance with agency's mission and priority areas.
- Tracking submission and clearinghouse approval process
- Monitor review and rating process
- Establish outcomes and organizational placement
Conduct Planning Activities
- Produce Annual Plan
- Conduct Community Needs Assessment as required
- Serve as Board's Evaluation and Planning Committee
- Conduct Bi-Annual Program Assessments and others as required
Develop a monthly reporting format for projects in conjuction with the President that includes:
- Agreed upon outcomes and periodic progress
- Qualitative information
- Serve as a continuous improvement instrument
- Produce Quarterly Report for Board of Directors review
Ensure Monitoing and Compliance
- Analyze monthly programmatic reports
- Participate in internal and external monitoring activities
- Prepare agency programmatic reports for funding sources
Participate and coordinate fund development activities
- Prepare grant applications and proposals for funding
- Research and identify content opportunities
- Make recommendations to the President with timelines
- Train and maintain a team of writers to help prepare and asemble application/proposal
Serve as primare ROMA Implementer or Traner for Agency
- Secure certification within one-year of employment
- Participate in the coordination of the Agency's Strategic Plan
In the absense of hte President, sign vendor checks, grant agreements and contracts.
Attend Board of Directors meetings and other meetings as assigned.
Other duties a assigned.
Master's Degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Business Administration, or human services related field. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a senior administrative/executive level position is required (preferably in the nonprofit sector).
Background and experience in the Head Start Program is strongly preferred. Experience or knowledge of administering Community Service Block Grant Funding, within a non-profit is a plus. Possess a successful demonstrated track record of administrative and program oversight success. Other experience requirements include nonprofit administration; grant-writing; strategic planning, research, grants management; fundraising, effective working relationships at the federal, state, regional, and local level; excellent written, verbal, and technology-driven communication and presentation skills; public speaking; and effective team-based leadership. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, or other software applications to retrieve data, creates spreadsheets, and reports.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines and complete tasks in an accurate manner. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems/issues, gather data and information, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions. Communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external community. Clearly demonstrated team-building skills to establish and maintain good working relationships. Knowledge of budget planning and preparation. Writing and grammar skills to independently draft correspondence pertaining to the operations, policies, and procedures of various subject matters.
SMTCCAC, Inc. offers Full-Time and Part-time employees a complete benefits package including Annual Leave, Sick Leave, 12 paid Holidays, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Voluntary Term Life and AD&D Insurance, Maryland State Retirement & Pension System, and 403B PreTaxed Annuities
$63,888 - $73,274
|May-16-2017||Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee, Inc.||Hughesville, MDemail@example.com|