MHSA works with the Maryland Head Start State Collaboration Office to accomplish five priorities:
1. Partner with State Childcare Systems emphasizing the Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership (EHS-CC) Initiatives.
2. Work with the State efforts to collect data regarding early childhood programs and child outcomes.
3. Support the expansion and access for high quality, workforce, and career development opportunities for staff.
4. Collaborate with State Quality Improvement System (QRIS)
5. Work with State School Systems to ensure continuity between Head Start and Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA)